Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, and energy and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our people matter the most to make the difference.
Click here to explore our world and the heart of our operations.
With more than a century of experience in renewable energy, Hydro is one of the top three operators of power production in Norway, and a significant market player in the Nordics and Brazil. The Hydro Energy business area is responsible for developing new business opportunities for Hydro within both renewable energy, hydrogen and batteries, and we provide support to the rest of Hydro’s business areas on contracts, security of supply and energy framework conditions.
We are now recruiting our next Head of Communications and Public Affairs, who reports functionally and administratively to the EVP Energy and is part of the Energy management team.
You will lead the communication and public affairs strategies, plans and activities in the Energy business area, supporting our strategic objectives: to deliver value from strong performance and new business models in the power industry; to provide competitive sourcing and optimal energy system solutions for Hydro; to build complementary new business in renewable energy to create and capture additional value.
Area of responsibility
The Head of Communication and Public Affairs is overall responsible for all communication and public affairs activities in Energy, with a dedicated responsibility for planning and coordinating activities towards main stakeholders.
Your tasks will include:
- Lead and manage the Communication and Public Affairs team in Energy, currently consisting of three people
- Together with the team, manage and maintain the operational responsibility for all internal and external communication deliveries within Energy
- Develop and execute communication and public affairs strategies, in close cooperation with Energy business units and Hydro functions at Group level
- Cooperate with relevant units in Energy and Group, to develop and maintain relationships with strategic political stakeholders and government officials
- Crisis communication and media management in Energy, in close cooperation with Group functions
- Extensive experience within corporate communication in a large, international company, or similar organization requiring extensive internal and external communication towards a wide range of stakeholders
- Extensive experience from developing and implementing public affairs strategies towards major stakeholders in Norway and/or Europe
- Experience from crisis communication management
- Media management experience
- Management experience, either through managing a team or large communication/public affairs projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Norwegian and English
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
This role and your team are part of the Energy business area but also collaborates closely with other business areas in Hydro as well as Group functions. This includes Group Communication & Public Affairs, a unit which manages a wide range of disciplines within the communication and public affairs area, including global communication, crisis communication, government affairs and brand & marketing.
Apply before: 03/10/2021
If you have any questions, please contact:
Therese Rød Holm, Head of Group Communication & Public Affairs
M: (Norway +47) 92439097
Halvor Molland, Head of Group Media & Preparedness
M: (Norway +47) 92979797
Only applications received through our online system will be considered. Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. As a part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.