Acast is the world leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasting with offices in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Paris, Oslo and Berlin. We have over 150M monthly listens today, and are growing rapidly. At our core is a love of audio and the fascinating stories our podcasters tell.
We are a flat organization that supports a culture of autonomy and respect, and find those with an entrepreneurial spirit and curious mindset thrive at Acast.
Do you love podcasts? You’re not alone. The listenership in Norway is growing rapidly every single day. New shows are launched weekly and there are still so many more stories out there that deserve to be heard.
This is why we are looking for someone in who’s dream job it is to help develop the Norwegian podcast market even further by joining the audio boom, and us at Acast Norway.
We are looking for that person who will help develop and collaborate with premium publishers, networks, influencers, production agencies, lovers of audio and passionate ones - so they too can find their way to strategy, growth and success in this new landscape of podcasting.
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious and passionate Content Development Manager to be part of the core team establishing the Norwegian market, to be based in Oslo and reporting to the Content Director, Nordics (who is based in Stockholm). You will be responsible for establishing relations with potential content partners to help us expand our audio content network, and help storytellers - from independents to publishers - to thrive through their passion and craft. You will pitch, negotiate and sign new partners to Acast and help them build their podcast businesses.
Once partners are signed you will also oversee the relationships with the existing podcasters, support their growth and work closely with our commercial teams and colleagues in our global offices. You’ll also spot the potential for new formats and podcast hosts. As well as a strong knowledge of podcasting and on-demand audio, you’ll be commercially minded and be able to spot the potential for our podcasters to work with brands. Travel across Norway and regularly to Stockholm, you’ll also enjoy working collaboratively with content colleagues around the world.
Ideally, you have a creative as well as a commercial mind, are highly organized and analytical, and a good grasp of and interest in technology. Building relationships comes easy to you, you have a strategic mind combined with a go-getter attitude. You love people and you love podcasts.
Is this you? Let’s talk.
- Establish and be ever-representing of “Acast for storytellers” - on the Norwegian market
- Recruit, pitch, negotiate and implement contractual relationships with content providers
- Establish and manage high-level relationships with current and future content partners
- Provide support and creative direction to new creators
- Guide and assist content partners with integration into our systems
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of the podcast market and audio industry
- Commercially and Creatively gifted
- Excellent pitching, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent at negotiating agreements professionally, with a smile
- Exceptional verbal and written interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills
- Thrives from assessing learnings
- Team player that is collaborative, creative and highly motivated
- Fluent in both written and spoken Norwegian and English
- Some experience in audio production, sales, journalism, digital media or branded content is a plus
- Great network, a plus